By Sheila Cosgrove Baylis
The Fast and the Furious will go on, with Paul Walker's brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker, helping to fill in the late actor's remaining action scenes.
The franchise posted "A Note to the Fans" on Facebook Tuesday to thank audiences "for the love and support you always show us" and to confirm that the latest film in the series, The Fast and the Furious 7, will be completed.
"Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November," the post says. "We had to take time to grieve Paul, the brother we love and lost, and to figure out if we should move on with our film."
"We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue. We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it's among the strongest work of his career."
"We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our FAST family. Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production. Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too," the post says.
The producers go on to confirm Vin Diesel's announcement that the film will be released next spring, and that its completion "will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role."